Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Wendy Artin - Fluid Sculptures

"When I paint statues, I try to see the people who originally posed for them. It`s very freeing - it breathes life into the statue."
Wendy Artin. Antinous. 30`x22`, 2009
About the models: "If I don`t tell them what to do, they do more beautiful and unuseal things than they would if I posed them... I can`t imagine holding some of these for 5 or 10 minutes, but they often do... On longer poses, sometimes I wet the page in certain areas before I start, and I control the wetness with the wadded-up paper towel that`s always in my left hand."

Wendy Artin. Tamara. 12`x7`, 2002
"Rome is a fantastic place for for painters. It`s beautiful, and the weather is perfect for painting outdoors."
Wendy Artin. Roman Forum. 20`x14`, 1999
Wendy Artin earned a BA in fine arts and French literature from the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia, and MFA in painting from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. She also studied at the Ecole Nationale Superiore des Beaux-Arts, in Paris.
Wendy Artin. Lilac Artichoc. 12`x7`, 2010
for more information visit www.wendyartin.com
I used the materials of Watercolor magazine

1 comment: